Tuesday, July 5, 2016

No More Subreddit Posts From Me

What I have been doing when ever I uploaded a video was share the video on Facebook, Twitter, Blogger and also Reddit, and for those of you who don't know what Reddit is, it is basically a place similar to Tumblr but better, you can find whatever you want on there because that is the purpose of the website, sharing and becoming a part of a community. However, sharing only applies to content that is typically not your own, they recommend that you only share about 10% of your own content, because they do not want self promotion on the site.

 I have decided to discontinue sharing to my subreddit for this exact reason, they consider it self promotion. Now when I created my subreddit I didn't realize this was frowned upon, on the site and it was only brought to my attention recently when I asked if it was alright to post one of my videos in /r/gaming because it demoed a game never to be seen by the likes of the community before. The mod of this subreddit called me a spammer and told me he was surprised that the Admins who run the site hadn't banned me yet. To be honest, this really hurt being told this, because I was under the impression that I was following the rules.

I read this mod's message several times, thinking he was just some sort of A-hole however, after doing some research, I realized he was correct in calling me a spammer. According to the Reddit rules, I basically am a spammer, I was only posting my stuff for self promotion and I wasn't posting anybody else's content.

Yes I am discontinuing to share to my subreddit, however I am still going to keep it live so that if our community ever gets large enough, they can have a place to discuss the latest videos from their favorite YouTuber, Mobinng Bingman, and if they do post I will do my darnedest to reply, because that is what having a community as great as mine is all about; engaging them, having fun with them, making them think and laugh, and overall calling them my friends, my friends that I care about, that make me want to make more videos, and better videos.

Remember to have fun, to smile and remember your friends, I'll see you guys later, bye, bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment